Tuesday, November 16, 2010

THE NEXT BEST

THE GOLD MINE
It’s a gooaall!!!! Steven Madu has done it again, it’s De African Child 2, Otori Babes 0, Echoed the voice of the commentator over the cheering crowds and their drums.
            Steven Madu popularly known as Stevendinho by fans, a nick-name he coined from his role model Ronaldinho, was born in 1994 in Jos the Plateau state capital, a state famous for churning out quality football stars like Mbas Mangut (the former Enyimba F.C player and one time most expensive player in the Nigerian League), Mikel Obi (Nigerian international and Chelsea F.C of England mercurial midfielder) and most recently, Ahmed Musa (the former Kano Pillars  whiz kid and all time highest goal scorer of the 2009/2010 Nigerian premier league) to mention a few.
            Football for him started in his mother’s womb “my mum used to say I kicked a lot in her stomach, when she was pregnant with me” he says with a smile. He attended De African Child Private School, Bukuru, where he helped the school win laurels after laurels in football and served as the captain of the school football team, one of his many achievements was helping the school win the P.R.T.V under 10 five aside football competition. “One of my teachers used to say if I give half the attention I give to football to my books, I’ll be the best student in Plateau State” he says amidst general laughter. He played street football like every kid but his passion for the round leather game was beyond there.
            At present he trains with Aminci Football Academy in Jos, the same Academy that produced great names like Mbas Mangut, Victor Namo and Ahmed Musa and the only team Mikel Obi trains with when his is in the country, worthy of mention is the fact that he and Ahmed Musa have been teammate’s way back from Napoli F.C which serves as a feeder team for the Academy. He has been tutored by esteemed Coaches like Ibrahim Musa, popularly known as Coach Bros, Coach Popola, all coaches with enviable C.V’s, having served in different capacities in teams in the Nigerian leagues.
            He is what you will call a UTILITY player, as he is comfortable playing in different positions in the field of play. He says “I used to tell my friends that if given a glove, I wouldn’t mid standing between the goal post”. “I use him as a winger most times because of his speed but I’m also comfortable with him playing in the midfield, he played as a right full back in our last match because the player with that position had an injury, I must not forget to mention that his performance was superb as always” added his coach. Currently he is arguably the most skillful player in the Academy, with great speed and Stamina to add to his unending qualities. “My dream is to feature for Barcelona F.C, but of cause I know every journey begins with a step, so I hope to start from somewhere” he says.
                I couldn’t help but marvel at such an untapped talent after watching a training session he featured. Here Ladies and Gentlemen is a talent waiting to be exposed, a Star waiting to shine, a Gold mine for investors waiting to be mined. Agents, and sponsors are needed to make this youngster's accomplish his dreams. For direct contact and to know more about Steven Madu call 07060878867 or write to this mail dreamzy4@gmail.com Keep following Rawtalents for more Raw discoveries. Comments, suggestions are welcome.
Are you a Rawtalent? be it in music, dancing, modeling, sports, movie or what have you and want to be found? Then this is your Home. Call 07060878867 or send me an email at dreamzy4@gmail.com, tell me about you and You might just be the next guest on my blog page for free!      

No comments:

Post a Comment